United Vision Logistics Case Study
BizTalk Server helps businesses increase productivity, improve collaboration and communication, and streamline organizational management across a wide range of business scenarios
Leading logistics services provider delivers Information-enhanced customer service through multiple, accurate and timely delivery of invoices. Leading provider of safe and reliable land transportation and logistics services in the U.S. E&P field, recognized leader in U.S. energy exploration and production transportation logistics. Ranked in the Top 5 for-hire flatbed specialized carriers and the Top 50 for-hire truckload carriers in U.S.
The Business Situation
Invoice processing is the key for maintaining competitive advantage for the logistics company. Earlier, for effective operations, customized solutions were created for each customer’s invoice processing. With growing client base and the business volumes, the efficiency degraded and the invoice processing system was struggling with inconsistencies around scalability, performance, speed, maintenance and feature limitations that prevented its evolution to desired maturity levels. The disparate technologies and protocols adapted by the customers added to the complexity of the solution.
A centralized database is created to gather the invoice data from the legacy systems databases. The invoice processing solution was reengineered to create a unified invoice model. A BizTalk B2B solution was created to process the invoice, in PIDX, OILDEX, EDI format, as the customer needs and the processed invoice is delivered to the customer using the protocol and technology requirements of the client such as RNIF, EDI, EDI/AS2, FTP etc.,
Customized BAM solutions were created to monitor the business processing of the invoices and to increase the reliability BAM alerts were configured. In order to mitigate failures, the alerting system is interfaced with SharePoint site for the logistics company.
Highlights of Solution Approach
- The solution offered provides plug and play approach for new customers thus providing minimal changes to integrate into the system
- Studied overall system/process dependencies across customers, to identify common solutions and to unify the invoice entry, data, processing and delivery.
- Provided reliable and accurate processing there by reducing the maintenance costs and have a sound tracking features to mitigate risks.
- Provided the solution that could support multiple message formats like XML, EDI, PIDX, OILDEX etc. and protocols such as RNIF, EDI/AS2, FTP, SOAP, HTTPS etc.,
- Better integration with customer and partner systems.
- Security and ease of deployment.
- More efficient Invoice processing.
- Guaranteed delivery.
- Improved Invoice tracking.
- Created Logical Architecture, Site Topology, and Site Inventory Documents
- Created detailed project plan and managed project delivery
- Built Production SQL Clusters
- Built Development, QA, and Production Farms
- Configured FBA for external non-AD access
- Farm administration
- Migrated content and farms from LAF DC to ATL DC
- Configured and built custom Excel Services, SSRS reports, KPIs, and BDC web parts
- Consolidated B2B Systems. Wrote custom mapping, web service, and orchestrations for B2B integrations
- Built Custom SharePoint B2B Applications and web parts for surfacing EDI/PIDX/AS2 metrics including Invoice reconciliations, invoice reporting, imaging integrations, and trading partner details
- Migrated, Consolidated, and Integrated 40 customer BizTalk 2009 B2B Solution with the Portal
- Consolidated 4 companies Safety Systems into new system. Wrote SSIS packages and .net applications to manage Safety program. Integrated Safety with new ERP package http://intranet.uvlogistics.com